Rudolf Steiner College offers the following options for financial assistance:
- Long Term Institutional Payment Plan – This is offered through TFC finance for a term of 12 to 18 months. This plan has 6.5% interest. We require a down payment due on or before the first day of class of $500 or 25% of the total tuition, whichever is less. The long-term institutional payment plan requires credit approval and may require a co-signer if minimum credit worthiness standards are not met.
- AWSNA – There are two options offered through the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA):
- Teacher Education Loans Program (Loan to Grant), in which funds that are borrowed from AWSNA can be forgiven if graduates of education programs teach three-quarter to full-time in AWSNA- or WECAN-affiliated Waldorf schools for 3 years per each year of grant given. Ex: If a teacher receives an AWSNA Loan to Grant for 2 successive years – they then will have to work for 6 years at an AWSNA/WECAN affiliated school for all of the loaned funds to be forgiven.
- Currently Practicing Teacher (CPT) Matching Grant Program for people already teaching in AWSNA- or WECAN-affiliated schools as they pursue their training, in which AWSNA provides outright grants that are matched by the school at which the applicant is teaching. Please note that the AWSNA funds are limited and may not be able to match all the funds given by a school.
- Scholarships – We are fortunate to receive donations each year from generous individuals and organizations that intend the funds to go to students in need. Amounts and availability vary. To apply for scholarships, complete the Financial Assistance Application available below and return it to the financial Aid Office. Please note the following policies regarding scholarships:
- Scholarships are based on financial need. You will be asked to complete the FAFSA in order to assist with determining financial need.
- Scholarships are not available to First Year students in any modality or foundation-only students.
- Only one type of scholarship is available per student. If you request and receive AWSNA funding you will not also receive a separate scholarship.
- You will be required to write a short one-page autobiography as part of the scholarship award process.
Deadlines for Financial Assistance Applications are:
Summer 2017 – May 15, 2017
For more information students must contact The Financial Aid office.
Financial Aid Office –
Email Address: FinancialAid@steinercollege.edu
Mailing Address: RSC Financial Aid Office, 9200 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Fax: (866) 427-8373